PK Fitness is a social fitness app that tracks your personalized effort in real-time as you workout. With PK Fitness, it's not about "how far" or "how fast" but rather how hard you workout. Compete in challenges, compare your workouts, and share your high scores with friends and family. Maximize what you get out of each workout and see results faster while being rewarded for the effort you put in.
- effort based workout journal
- track your personalized effort in real-time during workouts
- compare effort scores with our in-app workout partners display
- create friendly competition with daily leaderboards
- earn badges and nudge friends who haven't done a workout in a while
- join groups and challenges to keep yourself accountable
- culture accountability with weekly streaks
- create community with our social platform by posting workouts, statuses, and photos to the stream
- share your workouts tiles and photos with fun filters and overlays
- social media sharing also available
PK Fitness was founded in 2014 by technology executive, Ed Leonard, and Olympic gold medalist, Bryan Clay. Together the pair was frustrated with the fitness industry and the metrics used to define success. Clay's entire life was based around numbers - how fast can you run, how far can you throw - but never was he rewarded based on the effort he put in. This was validated every time he went on a run with his wife and realized they could never compete on the same level. He would either maintain her speed and not get a good workout in, or she would kill herself in an attempt to keep up with him.
Metrics used in the fitness industry can be quite harmful to the mentality of people just starting on their fitness journey. Leonard and Clay realized that the only constant metric, and certainly the only one that matters to novice athletes, was effort. Together, the pair worked to develop a proprietary algorithm that measures each individual's effort as they workout in real-time. And the rest is history!
Code: Alex Weiner, Myk Vance
Design: Campbell McGrouther, Carlee
Release Date: (beta) 7-1-15, (global) 9-16-17
Requirements: iOS 9+, Bluetooth and ANT+ compatible heart rate monitor for effort reading (not mandatory)
Platforms: iPhone, iPad, iPod
Price: Free with in-app purchases
App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pk-fitness-effort-based-workout-tracker/id958386733?mt=8
Madison Leonard ᐧ Head of Marketing & User Engagement ᐧ firstname.lastname@example.org